Thursday, December 1, 2011

Today I Was Robbed

Today I was meeting my sister for lunch. I set my phone on the table. I quickly placed my order at the counter. When I came back to the table, just a few feet away, my phone had been lifted.

Yes, it was my fault. I should not have set it down. I figured I was in a busy restaurant in an area with a very low crime rate. Now I know: It doesn't matter where I am, I will not set my phone down in public.

I am so pleased that in spite of being upset by the feeling of being robbed, that I was able to think of the thief. I said a quiet prayer that the Lord would soften his or her heart and my phone might somehow miraculously be returned. With it being so close to Christmas, I figured someone needed some cash. My hopes were not very high, but I trusted that the Lord had heard my prayers.

After having the phone deactivated, I headed home. When I opened my computer to change all my passwords, I discovered a note on my Facebook. Someone had found my phone and they were trying to return it to me. I got it back about an hour later.

Not only was I reminded that God does hear our prayers, but I was able today to pray for the sinner and hope he or she would repent and return my phone. I am grateful that his (her) heart was softened.

No comments:

Post a Comment