Saturday, November 5, 2011

"I Am a Child of God" a Song for Children, Or is It?

There is a song for children called "I Am a Child of God". The third verse goes like this:

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with hime once more.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

By: Naomi Randall and Mildred Pettit

We have been given the ten commandments and the two greatest commandments. We know that Jesus loves each and every one of us so much that he laid down his life and took it up again. He also atoned for our sins by taking our sins upon himself so that his mercy could compensate for justice. In so doing, he became our advocate with the Father. We can pray directly to God our Father in the name of Jesus Christ if we are on his same team.

More simply said, Jesus is literally our brother and our Savior. Our Father in Heaven is also his Father. They both love us so much. They love it when we pray because they love to hear from us, their family. It is so simple that even children can understand it.

With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment